|CAS No.||: 75-05-8|
|Synonym||: Methyl Cyanidel, Cyanomethane|
|Molecular Weight||: 41.05 g•mol-1|
|Chemical Formula||: C2H3N|
|HS CODE||: 2926.9000|
|EINECS No.||: 200-835-2|
|Appearance||: Clear, Colourless liquid|
|Identity (IR)||: Passes test|
|Free Acid (as HCOOH)||: NMT 0.0010%|
|Assay by GC||: NLT 99.8%|
|Density (d 200C/40C)||: 0.782 – 0.783|
|Water (KF)||: NMT 0.05%|
|Non- volatile substances||: NMT 0.0005% Max|
|UV- transmittance at 200nm||: NLT 90.0%|
|UV- transmittance at 210nm||: NLT 95.0%|
|UV- transmittance at 225nm||: NLT 98.0%|
|UV- transmittance at 240nm||: NLT 99.0%|
200/220 Lit iron drum/HDPE drum, ISO tank/tanker.
Main applications for Acetonitrile are
- It is used as a general purpose solvent for many compounds.
- It is used in the production of fibers, rubbers and resins.
- It is replacing acrylonitrile, an important starting material in the manufacture of fabrics, plastics and synthetic rubber.
- It is used as a chemical intermediate in pesticide, perfume and pharmaceutical manufacturing.
- It is used in high-performance liquid and gas chromatographic analysis. It is used in extraction and refining of copper.
Country of Origin: lndia.
Stability, Storage & Handling:
Keep in tightly closed container in cool & dry place protected from light. When stored for more than 24 months, quality should be checked before use. Keep away from source of fire.
(We believe the above information to be correct but we do not present it as all inclusive & as such should be used as guide.)